Do you want to join a team of entrepreneurs from over 50 different nationalities? To work in an environment powered by passion where no two days are the same?
At trivago we use the latest innovative technologies to empower our users to find their ideal hotel 100 times a second, across 55 different locales world-wide and in 33 different languages.
As the world's largest hotel search, it takes a lot of work to keep things running smoothly. When waves of technical problems come crashing down, we need a tech-head who can make sure that our ship stays on course. We're looking for a deckhand to join our pirate ship. Once you've learned how to monitor and maintain our multi-data centre network infrastructure, you will become our navigator guiding us to brighter shores. If this sounds like it's for you, come join our crew.
What you'll do:
- Get the chance to tackle some of the leading software and system issues in a big data environment.
- Troubleshoot reasons for critical malfunctions in complex technical environments.
- Help us to stay one step ahead: you will be encouraged to challenge our current processes and consider what we can do differently.
- Research trends, share ideas and work on projects to help us improve. If your suggestions work on a small scale you will get to see them implemented in 5 data centres on 3 continents.
What you'll need:
- To be an unashamed tech-junkie.
- A good understanding of shell scripting and Linux or UNIX/FreeBSD-based tools.
- The desire to learn about networking, monitoring systems (Nagios/Cacti/Icinga), Apache httpd and Nginx webserver, MySQL and PHP.
- The ability to handle the pressure of big data responsibility and tight deadlines.
- A good enough level of English (our company language) to be comfortable speaking it on a daily basis.
- To be looking to break into the IT industry and seeking the chance to make a difference to the experience of 120 million monthly users.
- To be a born problem solver who is always considering how to do things differently and is able to attempt to solve problems without close supervision.
- A proactive personality: we want someone who will speak their mind, think along with the teams and ask questions.
Life at trivago is
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Additional information:
Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- This is a fixed-term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
- Please note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.