Graduate Applications Engineer - Real Time Microservices
Agoda is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia. And as a Booking Holdings (BKNG) company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a startup and the capital to make things happen.
Our Bangkok team is looking for top quality passionate engineers to build data applications across our business domains.
Why data application in Agoda?
In Agoda we adopt a data-centric approach to solve almost all business problems. We build real-time data applications to answer questions like ranking, recommendation, and how to serve prices most efficiently. Our systems scale across multiple data centers, handling a few hundred thousand requests per second, and respond within a few milliseconds.
This is a unique combination of hard-core engineering challenges (scalability, performance, sometimes really low-level tuning) and latest big data technology. This is also the best place to gain exposure to various business domains in the company.
Day to day
- You'll work with experienced engineers and product owners to identify business opportunities, design and create new data system from scratch, all the way to deploying software
- Improve scalability, stability, speed of existing applications
- Debug and fix production problems
- Collaborate with other team
- Research new technologies and share across organizations
- Bachelor degree from IT related field.
- Experience with at least one of the following languages: Scala, Java, Python, or any functional/OO languages. We code primarily in Scala.
- Experience building API products (knows protocols/formats/best practices)
- Experience working in an agile environment using test driven methodologies.
Nice to have
- Experience building large-scale API products
- Experience working with big data technologies (eg. Spark, Hadoop)
- Passionate about functional programming
A few of the technologies we use
Scala, Spark, Akka, Spray, Play, Python, Hadoop, Yarn, Grafana.